What’s the big deal?
NordVPN claims this is not just any password manager, it’s a new generation password manager. We can expect some great features with this kind of bold claim.
The NordPass website currently features two tools:
- Password Generator – this tool helps you generate a secure password. We noticed it’s not perfect though. Read our secure password guide and you’ll know why this tool is heavily flawed.
- Password Strength Checker – as the name implies, this tool simply checks the strength of your password. It’s a decent indicator but you should also read the guide mentioned before.
If you’re familiar with password managers, you’ll know they essentially provide several features:
- Generating secure passwords
- Storing passwords (safely)
- Auto-fill login forms
- Accessible anywhere (synced on cloud)
Well, NordPass doesn’t seem to be all that different. At all.
They do drop some buzzwords like “zero-knowledge encryption” and have nice graphics like the image below:
We do not yet know how this password manager will work nor how it will integrate with NordLocker.
As we mentioned before, NordVPN aims to become the all-in-one security solution for consumers and businesses. This means they want to be involved at every step of your interaction with everything tech-related.
As NordVPN says, “Passwords are like keys to a door” — we should keep in mind who we give the keys to, including NordVPN.
NordPass Early Access
There are 20,000 early access accounts available in total.
The first 1,000 will get 1 year of NordPassPremium for free. This is an indicator that NordPass may even have a free version.
The next 4,000 will get discounts and priority feature releases.
The last 15,000 will simply receive an invite to try out NordPassbefore it officially launches to the public, full scale.
At the time of writing, there are about 1,500 Early Adopters seats left. All 1000 NordPass Premium accounts have been claimed.
If you’re interested, sign up for relevant news directly from the NordPass website. The launch date is set to late 2019.